- 750g PnP Beef Mince
- 200g chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 t) smoked paprika
- 5 ml (1 t) salt and ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 c) PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- caramelized onions
- 60 g PnP butter
- 5 PnP onions, thickly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) PnP brown sugar
- 8 Ciabatta rolls
- 30 ml PnP English Mustard
- 4 PnP tomatoes, sliced
- 1 PnP red onion, thinly sliced
- 80 g PnP watercress and rocket mixture
1 Mix the minced meat, chorizo and smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper.
2 Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Fry the onions for 10 minutes. Add the brown sugar and caramelize for an additional 5-10 minutes.
3 Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Form large meatballs with minced meat by pressing it slightly flatter in your palm. Rub olive oil on the burgers. Cook for 8 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
4 Serve the burgers on the rolls with English mustard, tomato, red onion, lettuce and caramelized onion.