- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 big onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) red curry paste (buy it at the spice section at supermarkets)
- 300 g brown basmati rice
- 100 g soft apricots, chopped
- 1 cup cooked pork, pulled
- Grated rind and juice of one lemon
- A handful of cilantro (coriander) leaves
- 50 g flaked almonds, roasted
- Sauté the onion in the heated oil for 3 – 4 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and curry paste and sauté until warm.
- Add the rice and mix until covered with the oil. Add the extract and the chopped apricots. Cover and cook until rice has absorbed the fluid.
- Add the lemon rind and juice and the pork. Mix thoroughly. Add the cilantro leaves. Sprinkle over the almonds