Makes 1 loaf of bread
- 705 ml (2¾ c + 1 tbsp. + 2 t) basic white bread mixture (gluten free)
- 10 ml (2 t) salt
- 10 ml (2 t) castor sugar
- 10 ml (2 t) Xanthum gum powder
- 20 g (2 packets) dry yeast
- 350 ml (11/3 c + 1 tbsp. + 1 t) lukewarm water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
1 Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Spray an 18 cm x 10 cm bread pan with non stick food spray and sprinkle rice flour over. Shake off the excess flour.
2 Sift the flour, salt, sugar and Xanthum gum powder into a mixing bowl. Stir the yeast through.
3 Mix the water and oil. Add to the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon into a soft dough forms. Spoon into the pan and slightly smoothen the top.
4 Bake for 45 min to 60 min until golden brown. If the sides are not brown: Remove the bread from the pan, place it on the oven rack and bake for 10 more minutes.
5 Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting it.