- 8 figs, quartered
- 4 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250 g baby beets, cooked and peeled
- 100 g goat’s cheese
- handful of baby salad leaves
- 100 g walnuts, lightly toasted
- Mix 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar, 10 ml (2 tsp) whole grain mustard, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, 5 ml (1 t) of honey and 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil in a small bowl.
1 Arrange the figs, oranges, beetroot, goat’s cheese, lettuce and walnuts on a large serving platter and serve with the salad dressing.
Grilled eggplant with homemade soft cheese
Start the day before with the cheese.
- 420 g full cream Greek yogurt
- 2.5 ml (½ t) salt
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large aubergines, halved
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- A handful of baby herbal leaves
1 Mix the Greek yogurt, salt, lemon juice, rosemary and parsley in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into a large muslin bag and tie with kitchen string. Hang it 24 hours in the fridge with a bowl for the draining liquid.
2 Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
3 Mix the olive oil, lemon and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the eggplant with the oil mixture.
4 Cut crossing notches on the meat side of the aubergines. Place the aubergines cut side down, on the prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5 Serve with the cheese and sprinkle it with pomegranate seeds and leaves.