(You can buy cooked beetroot from Woolies or Checkers)
- A handful of rocket and watercress, mixed
- 400 g (1 packet) cooked beetroot in vinaigrette (at Woolies or Checkers or buy bottled beetroot), cut in quarters.
- 2 x 100g goat’s cheese rolls with pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut into fine rings
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar + extra for serving
1 Arrange the rocket and watercress on a beautiful platter.
2 Place the beetroot pieces on the leaves. Cut the goat’s cheese into circles and arrange them between the beetroot pieces.
3 Arrange the onion rings over the salad and sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4 Mix just before lunch with extra balsamic vinegar.
The salad works just as well with feta or mozzarella balls.