- 1 kg chicken drumsticks, without skin and bone.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 7.5 ml (1½ t) paprika
- 45 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 75 g peanuts, lightly toasted
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) sweet chili sauce
- 250 ml (1 c) coconut cream
- 60 ml (¼ c) soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) peanut butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp) hemp seed
1 Place the chicken drumsticks in a medium mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the honey, pepper and 30 ml of olive oil and rest aside for 30 minutes.
2 Mix the remaining 15 ml olive oil and chili in a small bowl.
3 Heat the peanut, sweet chili sauce, coconut cream, soy sauce, peanut butter and hemp seed in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
4 Thread the chicken on 6 kebab skewers and cook in a griddle pan over high heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5 Coat the chicken with green chili oil and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until done.
6 Serve the chicken kebabs with peanut sauce with ancient grain salad.
Ancient grain salad
This salad is super nutritious! We bought butternut noodles and added it to the salad.
- 500 g butternut, cubed
- 2 yellow peppers, halved and seeded
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 250 g baby carrots
- 2 maize kernels cut from the cob
- 100 g freekeh (cereal food made from green durum wheat, cook it for 40-45 min in 3 cups salted water)
- 100 g bulgur (let the bulgur soak for 30 min in 1 cup salted boiling water)
- 100 g pearl spelt (also known as dinkel wheat, or hulled wheat, is a species of wheat cultivated since 5000 BC). Cook for 40-45 min in 3 cups salted water
- 100 g quinoa (cook for 15-20 min in 1 cup salted water)
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- hand full of basil
- hand full of mint
- hand full of coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ c) white wine vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 5 ml (1 t) honey
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 ml (1 c) olive oil
Mix all ingredients and season with salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
1 Put the butternut and yellow peppers in a baking dish, sprinkle 15 ml olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
2 Bake for 20 minutes.
3 Put the baby carrots and corn kernels in the remaining olive oil and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
4 Combine the roasted vegetables, freekeh, bulgur, pearl spelt, quinoa, chives, basil, mint, cilantro and onion in a large bowl.