- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive or avocado oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fennel seeds
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) dried oregano
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) finely ground cumin
- 125 ml (½ c) cake flour
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1.5 kg boneless pork neck, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 410 g can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed with a fork
- 500 ml (2 c) stock
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green peppers, seeded and cubed
- 4 corn, chopped
- 2 x 410 g can red kidney beans, drained
- handful chopped coriander
1 Mix half the fennel, oregano and cumin with the flour and season to taste. Roll the meat in the flour and fry until brown in hot oil in the pot.
2 Add the onions, carrots and garlic and fry until brown. Season to taste.
3 Add the tomatoes, stock, peppers and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for about 2 hours until the meat is tender.
4 Add the peppers, then corn and finally the kidney beans on top, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until done.
5 Mix the coriander through and serve with nachos and tomato and avocado salsa.