- 500 g fresh pasta, such as Tagliatelle or spaghetti
- 250 ml (1 c) fresh cream
- 250 ml (1 c) of the pasta water, or flavoured water
- 125 ml (½ c) grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated peel and juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A hand full of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of cooked salmon (or any white fish)
1 Cook the pasta in bubbling boiling water until al dente (soft but firm). Drain and keep 250 ml of water.
2 Put the pasta back into the saucepan and add the cream, water, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and peel. Mix well and heat through.
3 Season with salt and ground black pepper.
4 Add the salmon and mix well.
5 Stir the basil leaves through the pasta and serve immediately.