- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive or avocado oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, diagonally sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut in half lengthwise , remove seeds and chop finely
- pinch saffron
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) paprika
- 250 ml (1 c) white wine
- 2 x 410g cans whole peeled tomatoes, mashed with a fork
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) tomato paste
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls of baby potatoes
- 1 kg fish fillets such as hake and red roman
- 500g mixed shellfish such as shrimp and mussels
- 2 x 410g tin butter beans, drained
- Handful parsley
1 Fry the sausages in hot oil until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2 Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic to the pot fry until brown. Season to taste.
3 Add the pepper, saffron, paprika, white wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and lemon zest. Cover and bring to simmering point.
4 Add the potatoes, cover for 20-30 minutes until soft and cooked, but not mushy.
5 Arrange the fish fillets, then the hellfish, chorizo sausages and butter beans in layers on top. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.until done. Mix the parsley through and serve.