30 ml (2 tablespoons) avocado oil
8 x 150 g chicken thighs, with skin
salt and ground black pepper
250 g (1 cup) Portobello mushrooms
250 g (1 packet) bacon cubes
2 cloves garlic, chopped
a handful of sage
80 ml (1/3 cup) dry sherry
310 ml (1¼ k) cream
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
1. Heat the oil over high heat in a large pan. Season the chicken to taste and fry in oil till the skin is golden.
2. Remove the meat and combine with the mushrooms in a 32 cm x 24 cm baking dish.
3. Fry the bacon and garlic in the same pan until golden brown and spoon over the chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle with sage.
4. Mix the sherry and cream and pour over the chicken and mushrooms.
5. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Serve with soft polenta.