Quick herb butter
- Soften 250 g butter in a food processor or with a wooden spoon.
- Tear a large handfull of parsley, chives, basil, mint, dill, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, sage and dragon with your hands or chop it if you prefer (create your own combinations according to what is available ).
- Mix the herbs, juice of half a lemon, a small onion, finely chopped, garlic clove, finely chopped, salt and ground black pepper to taste, through the soft butter.
- Divide the butter between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll into rolls.
- Use with roasted vegetables, sliced beef fillet, or spread on a piece of fresh bread.
Dry your own herbs
- Tie your favourite herbs together in a bunch and hang it in your kitchen. The herbs will fill your kitchen with fragrance and you can use the dried herbs in your food.
- Herbs like curry leaves can be dried in the microwave oven for a few seconds.
Add more flavour to your dishes with herbal oil:
- Heat 250 ml (1 c) olive oil slightly – not too hot. Add a handful of herbs of your choice, pour into a bottle and allow to cool before use.