- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) masala curry mixture
- 125 ml (½ c) flour
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 big onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x 410 g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 c) plain low fat yogurt
- fresh coriander
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked basmati rice
1 Mix 30 ml of the masala powder with the flour, salt and pepper.
2 Roll the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the extra flour.
3 Heat the olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken in it, remove and set aside.
4 Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and translucent.
5 Add the tomatoes and the rest of the masala powder to the onion mixture.
6 Add the chicken and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
7 Stir in the yogurt and coriander, and serve with basmati rice.