Serves 12 balls the size of a tablespoon
- 125 ml (½ c) raisins
- 10 ml (2 t) rum or hot rooibos
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) golden syrup
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) peanut butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 50 g almond flakes, lightly toasted
- 50 g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Soak the raisins in the rum or tea for 30 minutes.
- Put the syrup, peanut butter and butter in a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted.
- Mix the raisins and nuts and pour the syrup mixture over. Mix together well. Scoop tablespoonful of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside to stand for 2 hours until set.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt over a Bain Marie. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the chocolate over the lumps and set aside to harden for about 1 hour.