Easter egg brownies. Recipe by Vickie de Beer. Photo: Lee Schwagele for CRPhotographic.
12 extra large egg shells, we have coloured it blue, but you can keep it white
200 g dark chocolate, chopped
125 g butter
220 g sugar
Pinch of salt
180 g cake flour
45 ml cacao
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Place the eggs shells in a muffin pan.
- Make a hole on the top and make it bigger with a sosatie stick
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl that fits on a pot with boiling water. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Sift the salt, cake flour and cacao powder in the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Fold it in until it is mixed.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag and pour the mixture halfway into the egg shells
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until ready.
- Place the eggs in a box and serve with extra melted chocolate
You can find the recipe in Afrikaans here